Which Container Is Most Cost-Effective?
Economic Analysis with Full Disclosure
software presents the whole truth about corrugated shipping containers and plastic crates. For 100 years the corrugated box has been the preferred shipping container by many manufacturers.
Corrugated protects well, adapts readily to solve customer dilemmas, is environmentally responsible and is priced competitively. Recently, a new packaging contender, the returnable plastic crate, or RPC, has been trying to compete with corrugated boxes by making aggressive, even extraordinary claims for its performance. Given that a very large up-front investment is required to use plastic containers, customers have begun to ask how they can assess RPCs before they make a large investment and a hard-to-reverse decision.
The Full Disclosure
software package was developed by the American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) and the Fibre Box Association (FBA) to provide package buyers and users with an objective and systematic analysis of shipping container alternatives. The Full Disclosure software provides corrugated box users with an objective comparison of RPCs and corrugated containers without exaggeration or incomplete information. Full Disclosure
accurately reflects users' precise assumptions to create a cost comparison that is uniquely their own.
- Allows users to prepare sophisticated cost models comparing the system-wide economics with each packaging choice.
- Is convincing. Results are based on the customer's own hard information and assumptions.
- Shows which shipping container system offers the best overall economics and lowest total costs.
- Solves problems. The box manufacturer has a better understanding of its customer's shipping container problems and is better equipped to solve them.
- Protects the customer. Full Disclosure shows the customer the complete impact of switching container systems and provides all the information needed to decide on the best and lowest-cost solution.
- Plays hard but fair. Full Disclosure is impartial. Experience shows that corrugated is typically the most cost-effective shipping container. However, if there is a more effective alternative, the software will show it.
See For Yourself
The corrugated packaging industry has worked long and hard to make its shipping containers the most effective and cost-competitive. With Full Disclosure
, you can see this for yourself, using your own information. Contact your box supplier to arrange for Full Disclosure
cost analysis, or call the Fibre Box Association (847) 364-9600.